Competence characterizes the quality of attainment at the second level of development in our relations to the world.
Music: Composers, artists, and major works
- Friedrich Gernsheim’s (1839-1926) violin sonatas 1-3 are more than competent but they well express this value all the same: Sonata No. 1 in C minor, Op. 4; Sonata No. 2 in C major, Op. 50; Sonata No. 3 in F major, Op. 64
- Joseph-Nicolas-Pancrace Royer, Premier Livre de Piéces pour Clavecin: workmanlike compositions.
- Weber, Piano Concerto No. 2 in E-flat Major, Op. 32, J155 (1812)
- Raga Rajeshwari (Rajeswari – Rajeshvari – Rajesvari), a Hindustani classical raag (performances by Salamat Ali Khan and Shivkumar Sharma)
- Cimarosa, 32 Sonatas for piano; complete keyboard sonatas