Sensitivity is an art, which we can cultivate. It allows us to appreciate others more deeply and thereby activate the Truth force.
Historian Rick Atkinson uses his gift of storytelling to bring history down to the level of the personal experiences of those who lived it. Having completed a trilogy on World War II, he is now embarked on a history of the American Revolution.
- Rick Atkinson, The British Are Coming: The War for America, Lexington To Princeton, 1775-1777 (Henry Holt & Company, 2019): “A powerful new voice has been added to the dialogue about our origins as a people and a nation. It is difficult to imagine any reader putting this beguiling book down without a smile and a tear.”
- Thomas Gainsborough, Philip James de Loutherberg (1778)
Film and Stage
- Birdy, about one traumatized soldier helping another escape from madness, adapted from William Wharton’s novel
Music: Composers, artists, and major works
As much as or more than any other composer, Heitor Villa-Lobos composed from within. The most famous example of this is the haunting melody in the aria of his Bachianis Brasileiras No. 5 but his entire series of Choros and Bachianis Brasileiras displays this quality.
- Choros No. 1
- Choros No. 2
- Choros No. 3, Pica Pau
- Choros No. 4
- Choros No. 5, Alma brasileira
- Choros No. 6
- Choros No. 7
- Choros No. 8
- Choros No. 9
- Choros No. 10
- Choros No. 11
- Choros No. 12
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 1
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 2
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 3
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 4
- BachianisBrasileiras 5
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 6
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 7
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 8
- Bachianis Brasileiras No. 9
- Andrew Rathburn Large Ensemble, “Atwood Suites” is “set to the poetry of the renowned Canadian novelist Margaret Atwood”.
- Walter “Wolfman” Washington, “My Future Is My Past”
- Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton, “Album für die frau: scenes from the Schumanns‘ lieder”: sensitive readings of Robert and Clara Schumann’s songs
- Irina Kulikova, “It’s About the Touch”